- Different Types of Dog Food Storage Containers
- What are the Best Dog Food Storage Containers?
- 5 Key Components of a Container for Dog Food
- Overall Best Dog Food Storage Container
- Best 50lb Dog Food Storage Container
- Best 30lb Dog Food Storage Container
- 3 More Top Rated Dog Food Storage Bins
- Dog Food Storage Containers – RECAP
Dog food storage containers are the best way to keep your furry friend’s food fresh and contained. They offer several benefits including protection from weather, bugs or rodents. A dog food bin will not only keep your dog’s food safe for consumption, but it will keep the kibble organized for you!
Different Types of Dog Food Storage Containers
You may be surprised to find out that there are several different types of dog food storage containers available for your specific pet parent needs. Whether you need a food bin which is elevated, airtight or good for traveling, there’s an option for you!
- Elevated feeder
- Travel feeder
- Treat storage
As you can see, there are a plethora of dog food containers to choose from based on what design best fits your pet parenting style. But now you need to choose one. Consult this list of components to narrow down your choice.
What are the Best Dog Food Storage Containers?
5 Key Components of a Container for Dog Food
- Storage Capacity – Whether you have a large breed dog or several dogs, storage capacity is most likely on your priority list when choosing a dog food container. The larger the storage bin, the less frequently you need to fill it up!
- Convenient Storage – Some dog food containers come equipped with wheels, making even a heavy bin easy to maneuver. Others are designed to be stackable, so if you have different types of food, you can separate and stack them.
- Airtight Seals – When a dog food bin has airtight properties, it means that it’s equipped to keep out bugs, moisture and humidity. Airtight qualities will help preserve the freshness of your dog’s food.
- Material – When purchasing a dog food container, make sure the materials aren’t harmful to your pup. If plastic, it’s important to choose one that is BPA-free. Such harmful toxins can transfer to your pet’s food if left in a container for too long. It’s best to also pick out a bin that is durable and easy to clean.
- Special Features – Aside from the basic components that make up each dog food container, special features may be available. These include elevated feeders, an auto-feed option, food pouring spout and separate treat storage. There’s even such thing as a wall-mounted pet food container and dispenser!
|Our 2023 Picks: Best Storage Containers for Dog Food:|
Overall Best Dog Food Storage Container
Big dog? Small dog? Multiple dogs? The IRIS Airtight Food Storage Container Combo is a welcome addition to any dog’s eating area. Conveniently situated on a set of four wheels, this dog food storage container has several features which make it our pick for the overall best choice.
- The large container portion holds 33 quarts of dog food.
- There is a separate storage container which can be used for a different type of food or treats.
- The set comes complete with a matching food scoop.
- It has airtight seals to keep your pet’s food fresh.
- Available in a variety of colors to fit your style.
- Made in the USA from BPA-free, FDA compliant plastic.
- Transparent design so food levels are easily visible.
- Great for multiple pets who eat different food, since it can be separated.
The IRIS Airtight Food Storage Container Combo is a helpful size, it’s convenient to move around and it offers food and treat separation. Your dog’s food will be protected and remain fresh in this special airtight dog food container.
Best 50lb Dog Food Storage Container
Suncast 72 Quart Food Storage Bin – The Suncast dog food storage bin is by far the best heavy duty container, which can hold up to 50lbs of food. If you buy dog food in bulk the Suncast 72 quart storage bin can easily manage the load. This container is durable and has a front flap that stands open, allowing easy access to the food. The Suncast food storage bins are stackable, making it easy to store food in bulk amounts.
Best 30lb Dog Food Storage Container
IRIS 33 Quart Airtight Pet Food Storage Container – The best dog food storage container for 30lbs of dog food is the IRIS Airtight Food Storage Container. This dog food bin does not come with the scoop or separate treat bin. However, it still offers the airtight qualities and wheels for simple maneuvering. The container is BPA-free plastic and it can be purchased in a variety of sizes. Kibble is always easily available in the IRIS Airtight Food Storage Containers.
Best Dog Food Storage Bin With Bowl
IRIS Elevated Feeder with Airtight Food Storage – IRIS is toping our list for dog food containers, and it continues with this elevated feeder and storage container. The IRIS Elevated Feeder with Airtight Food Storage has aesthetic features but also health benefits for your dog.
- The elevated bowls reduce neck strain while eating.
- This dog food bin is a storage unit and feeding solution in one creative design.
- Airtight for ultimate food preservation.
- Removable bowls for easy maintenance.
- Fit for indoors, traveling or camping.
The IRIS elevated dog food container is a fantastic all-in-one solution for feeding and storage. You can purchase it in the best size and color for you (and your dog, of course).
3 More Top Rated Dog Food Storage Bins
The Vittle Vaults dog food bins are attractive to pet parents who are looking for a container that is durable, stackable and safe. These bins are BPA-free and airtight to keep out bugs and moisture. Multiple Vittles Vaults dog food containers can be organized via stacking, making these bins great for multi-dog households.
Another great choice for stackable dog food storage containers are the Bergan Stack-N-Stor bins. The largest 24 gallon container holds up to 79lbs of food! Food can easily be accessed when these units are stacked, and the durable BPA-free plastic can hold materials other than pet food if necessary.
The Behrens Galvanized Steel Pet Food Storage Container is chemical and weather-resistant, keeping your dog’s food dry and fresh. The bin won’t absorb odors and it has a handle for convenient transport. If you keep this container outdoors, the material is rodent-proof and features an offset bottom, which keeps the base off the ground. What makes this metal dog food container different from the rest is the secure, industrial look and durability.
Dog Food Storage Containers – RECAP
Dog food containers keep your pup’s food fresh, delicious and secure. They add an aspect of organization to any pet parent’s routine while keeping the kibble safe from the elements. When choosing a dog food container remember to pick what is best for your situation and dog’s safety. Keep that food flowing with a dog food bin today!